ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Friday, October 21, 2005

The end is near

Yesterday, I went to grab some lunch with my coworkers. I went to the ladies room to wash my hands and touch up quickly. I had worked the truck so my hair was pulled in a taut bun. When I looked in the mirror, I saw the worst thing I think I have ever seen in my life. Not a pimple or a booger hanging out. I saw a gray hair. And let's not joke about this...it wasn't a little one either. It was blatantly gray and just hanging out. My jaw was on the floor and after careful comtemplation, I hastily pulled the hair out. Son of a bitch you lil' bastard. At that very moment my education, ethics, experiences all vanished. I was simply a vain 20 something standing in the bathroom with tears welling up thinking oh my god...I have a gray hair!! I have never been more appalled in my life. Ok, well maybe but that's a story for another time. I felt like someone delivered a drop kick to my ego and my heart. Gray isn't distinguished or a sign of wisdom. It's F-ing old. The dark circles I can handle. The not getting my ID checked at a bar or even questioned when ordering a drink I can handle. The gray hair....that I cannot. Thus, this morning I made an emergency call to my hairstylist dire for an appointment. I am currently awaiting my turn to become a redhead today. Let's hope someone cancels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home