ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

bagel boy and the bumbling idiot

Everyday I wake up and follow the same routine. I get up, shower, dress and do hair, possibly makeup (depends on my mood). I go to the train and look over paperwork until I get off the commuter to my job. Somewhere in the spanse of 2 hours I do paperwork, a floor walk, and head to get coffee and a bagel. Meduim black coffee and bagel with reduced fat cream cheese. The same almost every day.The sweet looking guy behind the counter always smiles and says when he hands me my coffee and bagel "How's it going today?" We engage in polite conversation and sad as this is I have developed a crush. There's something about his awkward smile and his friendly demeanor. Not the hottest guy in the world just sweet with the most gentle looking green blue eyes. Pitiful....I know.

Today I was stressed. The past week I have had one employee quit, two call out, and a corporate visit to prep for. I went for my morning breakfast and he smiled, again, and asked what was going on. Nothing--just stressed and explained the work thing was just stressful. He smiled I knew something was up.. you weren't smiling today. Oh my God--he notices that I smile. Wait-I smile at him? Don't worry, those things tend to work themselves out, he said nonchalantly. Life is too short to get hung up on the little things. He handed me my bagel and coffee. I felt the blood flush into my cheeks and my eyes darted to the floor. I was flustered and flattered. Basically a bumbling idiot. I melted. Eventually I mumbled yeah and thanks. That smile and those eyes did it for me. He has a great smile. Not too toothy or to small. Just right. Hate to do a comparison, but the ex had a great smile and amazing eyes too. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

I think the lack of real human interaction is starting to mess with my ability to think clearly.
To be continued.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home