ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The best part of today---run forest run!!

This morning I was rudely greeted by the roommate's cat, Sophie, with a loud meow and over all plea for morning attention. Ugh...I leaned over and glanced at the alarm clock only to realize I was late for my train ride to the commuter bus. I stumbled out of bed and ran out of the apartment as soon as I could. Luckily, I caught the last train to get me on the bus...or so I thought. I quickly ran to the stop only to see the bus pulling away. DAMN IT. Somewhere in the spanse of say 30 seconds, I thought it was a great idea to try and catch the bus that was now 2 city blocks down. I sprinted a couple of blocks and tried desperately to catch it, but the stupid lights kept changing and I continued to get further behind. I WILL CATCH THIS BUS!!! I grabbed my messenger bag and literally broke into a full sprint.

While I would like to think that I am a wonderful size 6 beauty that always works out, the truth is I am a smoker who does yoga and the gym sporadically and far from size 6. My newest resolve was to stop smoking last week and thank god I did. I manuevered around benches, people, and from some skyscraper in downtown Houston, I am positive someone was laughing their ass off. Some 8- 10 city blocks later I caught up with my bus. Mind you it was almost out of downtown too. Out of breath the bus driver simply smiled and said "Trying to get your morning jog?" "Yeah..something like that," I managed to get out in between gasps.

Best part...I could still smile in spite of running downtown in front of tons of people looking like a fool who can't get up when her alarm clock goes off the first time . :)

1 Comments:

Blogger The Shib said...

Nothing quite like that early morning run eh?

I used to do that at A&M. I ran to math 141 everything Friday morning at 749 am.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home