ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Sunday, October 16, 2005

bagel boy diaries continued

All day yesterday I was a wreck. I was so nervous about this stupid visit I didn't know what to do with myself. I knew it was going to go just fine but it's that unnerving feeling in the pit of your stomach. The one that makes you feel like you're going to barf. I couldn't sleep the night before and the stress had simply killed my appetite. I arrived at work ready for my Big Gulp of coffee and like every other day, made my way to the bagel shop.

My co-worker went with me and of course, the hottest bagel boy in Houston was behind the counter. I was in full professional get up with the hair and make up to match. Can't look like a slob in front of the BIG BOSS. Sam and I are admiring the feast of men behind the scenes while we order breakfast for the crew. I go to pay and bagel boy's eyes pop a little and a smile spreads across his face. I have made a good impression, I think. I smile and pay and he says nothing. I wait for my coffee and he said oh yeah...the small one, huh? I must've frowned when I said no because he laughed and pulled out the big cup. I know silly, he said. He reached out to hand it to me and then pulled away when I reached. Cute, but by then I was a MILLION shades of red. I finally laughed and said hey now, don't mess with a girl's coffee. That's dangerous. He handed me the cup and said have a nice day. My stomach did a flip. Sam and I agree there is a small amount of chemistry brewing. Promising.

The corporate boss finally came and was pretty fantastic I must say. Very down to earth and sympathtic to our needs as a store. That's always nice. Sometimes you get these corporate nuts who have never been in the field. They have all these notions of what works (in theory) and how it applies to every store they visit. The best part was that my co-worker and I (the store managers) really got some well deserved pats on the back. We work hard and I know I feel like it goes unnoticed every once in awhile. Our corporate visitor made sure she said we had done a fabulous job and that, I know, we both appreciated. Thank god it's over and we can resume life as normal. As for the bagel boy, that remains to be seen....

1 Comments:

Blogger The Shib said...

My god I look forward to the bagel boy chronicles...

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home