ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A note from chuck

The other day I went on a shopping binge. I was having a rough couple of days and rather than gorge myself on food, I said what the hell, I'll go spend some dough. After a ridiculous amount of frivilous shopping, I decided I needed new tennis shoes for work. At my work the only tennis shoes that are acceptable are Chuck Taylor Converse sneakers. I found some slip on tennis shoes and was satisfied to end my binge then and there.

When I got home, I of course went thru my bags to pick thru my spoils. I took the shoes and put them on. In the bottom of the box was a note from the manufacturer. I picked it up and read the following:

NOTE: These shoes are free from laces. Free from the ties that bind. Free to roam about the Earth. To Rome, even. Un-tethered. Un-encumbered. No strings attached. Just slip them on and off you go. Free as the wind. Free to be.

Now if only the rest of my life could boil down to such simplicity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home