ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Beyond empty

I went home to see my aunt and family this week. I had a chance to catch up with them and it was nice. Ever since my uncle died in February, my aunt gets pretty sad and lonely. All her kids are grown now and her house is empty except for the tv she keeps on when she's home alone.

Last night she told me while we sat and had chocolate at midnight, she wasn't sure if she'd ever get over losing him. I was so stunned and saddened, I actually had no words. She said, "I just go thru the motions and people think I'm okay. I smile in the right places and laugh at the right time. But I'm just sort of empty."

Finally, I just said it takes time. Time to get over the loss and time to heal. I actually felt stupid as if I didn't even believe it myself. I don't know if you can get over a love that lasted more than half your life. Maybe you can't but I hope that for her sake it's possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home