ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Soul cleansing run

I went to the gym yesterday. The weather out here was fantastic and I just felt the need for a good run. I set the treadmill and started out slowly. I could feel the stress and craziness of the past few days melting away. I picked up speed as my arms and legs pumped in unison to The Bravery and White Stripes. I was rounding into mile 3 when I just started crying. Full on sobs. I couldn't stop running and that just propelled my crying. I don't know what it was. I looked like a lunatic. I didn't really care either. Whatever it was I just needed to get it out...to literally run it out of my body. I wanted to quit and I said no. Hell no. I kicked up the speed and pushed harder. My breathing became intense and my quads were on fire. Tears and sweat blurred my vision and I closed my eyes as I moved into a full sprint. I felt the belt slow and threw my arms up like Rocky, literally, as I shifted down to a jog. I was panting and red. I stopped the belt, bent over and breathed in deeply. It took me a minute to regain my composure.

The man on the treadmill next to me looked over curiously, and then continued his pace without so much as a second glance. I suppose most people get on the mill, start crying at full sprint, and proceed to collapse on themselves all the time....or just nutty people who don't address their emotions like me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I appreciate your PO very much the picture with the article. Continues to refuel!!

5:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

great blog... could you check mine out. Its based on making money online... through google, youtube, blogspot, twitter...many ways

http://jonnyhall905.blogspot.com

12:46 PM  
Blogger i.thought.you.said.forever said...

i love have a love/ hate relationship with those types of days.. i hate the crying but i love the way it feels when your done.... what was wrong in your day that caused the tear build up?

10:49 PM  
Blogger Mirror Girl said...

awwww xxxx

1:03 PM  
Blogger OneAndZero said...

We all have our escapes, some more energetic then others. As for the man having little to say, Its a gym, that culture is goofy to begin with.

1:11 AM  
Blogger mandy said...

Thanks for all the kind words! More postings to come:)

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home