ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Monday, February 15, 2010

A hot mess

That's exactly what I am. Last night, I had the most disgustingly uneventful night of my life. I wanted to have this luxurious spa day and that never materialized. I was super pissed off that these snooty ladies kept looking at me all weird like I couldn't afford a freaking spa day. Hey, damn it....I'm not rich, but I eat mac and cheese because I'd rather feed my shopping obsession than my body. (I mean who couldn't stand to lose a few pounds anyway.)

So I decided to go and buy stuff for my apartment. I've been coveting this slip cover for my couch and just wouldn't fork over the cash. There were too many other things I wanted like a few pairs of knee high boots and jeans and other crap related to fashion. You get the point. I forked over the money, ran to safeway to grab pizza and wine (I know--classy), and relax.

I get home and finally get the slipcover on. I go to grab a slice of pizza and a glass of red just glad it's finally put on straight. I sit down and SWOOSH....red wine all over the new couch. Not a drop in my mouth. I screamed obscenities that I will not repeat and grabbed a towel to clean up my mess. Luckily, the couch cover was scotchguarded so it cleaned right up with out any stains. Half a bottle into the wine, I fall asleep on the couch with a half full wine glass. When I rouse from my sleep some 4 hours later at 3 am, I still have the glass in tact and unspilled.

Now that ladies and gents takes talent. I'm sort of proud and ashamed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emeila said...

I have been there done that. I felt like I was reading one of my stories.

Try hand sanitizer to get the red wine out of your couch "I am not to sure if it will work but maybe.

Em:)

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the time I slipped on ice holding a 3/4 way full glass of Apple Pucker & Dr Pepper in one hand, and a half full bottle of Apple Pucker in the other. Also, not a drop spilled. (My bum was sore for a day or two though)

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home