ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Truimphant I stand (for today at least)

I've always been a larger girl. Never a size 6 and never ok with that either. Over the past 8 months I have dropped 4 dress sizes. My secret? Blood, sweat, and tears baby. Nothing more and certainly, nothing less.

Today dear friends, after a full 2 weeks of PMS bloat, and literally throwing away perfectly good chocolatey delights of EVERY shape, size, and imagination... I have won.

I bought a dress from my company's European line. The European line is notorious for running small (up to 2 american dress sizes to be exact). For some reason, Europeans don't like to binge on carbs and cheesy ooey gooey goodness. Go figure. I bought the dress merely as an incentive to continue my battle of the bulge. An encouragement to by pass the ice cream and sugar laden treats on my quest to a swimsuit appropriate body (and my health...I suppose). I didn't expect for it to fit..but nevertheless, it fits. I can also breathe, which for those of you who know....can be a feat in and of itself, when you really, really wanna wear something that doesn't quite fit.

I'm so glad I chose to eat veggies instead of fried fatty goodness. Someone out there hold me to this when I lose my mind and want to sell my soul for some french fries in a few days. And I do mean days people.

7 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful!!!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Albamariza said...

Congrats I hope I can write something like that on my blog soon

7:10 AM  
Blogger mandy said...

Thank you! I literally strutted like a peacock in my living room while my dog barked his praises. Pathetic, I know, but hell, I was happy!

1:29 AM  
Blogger pup said...

Just a random person here who wanted to say that I came across your blog and have enjoyed reading it... have a good day!

3:39 PM  
Blogger mandy said...

Thanks so much for reading and hope you drop in again sometime.

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog is like reading something my daughter Mariah wrote. So entertaining, and I can relate to the crazy neighbors.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Kas said...

I, too, stumbled onto your blog and have enjoyed 2010s posts so much, I went ALL THE WAY back to the beginning! You have grown so much! Anyway...Yesterday I have decided to start my own "get fit" regime and I hope that I can be as successful as you have been. Keep up the good work and come visit my trials & tribulations: http://rebkas.blogspot.com/

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home