ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Sunday, February 07, 2010

New year...new me

Over the past few weeks, I've come back home from Texas to my humble California abode. I had a some serious time off and I spent it with my family. I felt and still feel so recharged. I had no real desire to do anything and I slept and ate what I wanted. Only caveat: it's been a little harder to get back to the healthier side of things. All things said, though, it was great to go and come back.

I've decided somewhere, somehow that I take life a little too seriously. I realized my time off was just so amazing. I literally shut off my work phone and, in doing so, released so much. I forgot what it was like to just be relaxed. I have this little notebook and I write my work to do's in it as the week goes by. I tackle a little each night for about an hour or so on the computer when I come in from an account. It seems to be helping manage the workload. I've also taken to tuning out negativity in all it's forms. I can't handle the cranky complaining of people at work anymore. I just want to do my job and go home to do what I want to do. Sometimes it's yoga/running or reading. Other times it's snuggling in bed with Baxter watching cheesy tv. Some how I found the time to join a charity and start attending a regular church as well. It's incredibly liberating and yes, I dare say fun.

I know things aren't always going to be easy. I'm always going to hit a few speedbumps....who the heck doesn't? I just feel like this time around I'm going to approach it differently. I feel better than I have in a really long time. We'll just have to see how things continue to unfold.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Shib said...

Good for you girl. Im so glad to hear you are doing well!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home