ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Death march for potato salad

This weekend I spent some time with my family in the country. As usual, they had the Last Supper strewn about picnic tables ready for summertime gorging. Having that much food at any time should be a crime punishable by stairmaster time.


Of course...we ate. we sat together laughing at impressions and jokes until our stomachs hurt and tears streamed down our cheeks. Then someone got an insane idea to go for an evening "stroll" to "burn calories" at 11 pm. After 9pm, you're stuck with the calories, friend. No 2 mile death march will eat away that potato salad. Oh, and death march it was. Pick up the pace and remember dessert. Listen people....I committed to the calories the second I opened my mouth this afternoon.

Faster....Jog faster....

I'm fatter...huh? Jogging making me delirious.

I can't feel my thighs. That's the last time I eat potato salad around those people.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooh pooootatooo salad... even thinking about my mum's potato salad makes me weak at the knees.

And doesn't laughter burn calories?

(Well hey if it doesn't it's going to have to lose the "best medicine" tag!)

;o)

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home