ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

a year in review

I woke up this morning with a hella hangover from my wild outing. Yes....my fabulous friends decided to give me a surprise birthday party to make up for the rotten 25th birthday fiasco. This time last year Lisa and I were drinking it up at brunch. We laid in the California sun and talked smack and acted like silly teenagers to wash away the baby shower hell from the day before. So I toasted them and looked amazing in my spaghetti strappy dress and super hot gold heels that I need at least two drinks to stand in. I had a birthday girl pin and everyone put money on the pin and came home with tons -o- cash. Kinda cool.

I looked at the pics this morning while I nursed a cold glass of water and smiled. I looked happy. First time in a long time that I looked so happy. Sometimes I wonder if I really am happy. Yesterday I was talking to my friend Julie and I said I thought 25 was a bust. What did I do for the entire year?! Julie kindly stopped me and said....hey girl! You went back to school, you started a new job that you rock at, you met amazing people. You laughed and cried and lived. What more could you ask for?

She's right....I couldn't have asked for more. Hope 26 rocks harder:)

1 Comments:

Blogger The Shib said...

What a wise friend she is...

27 was rocking for me. In a harsh reality, I cant believe Ive made it thru this, wow that was tough but look how I came out --kind of way.

Im hoping 28 is fun in a way that doesnt give me wrinkles.

And heres to hoping 26 is the same for you.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home