ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I've been tagged

Thanks to my friend down under, I have been tagged. I apologize this post has taken sometime..I mean after all I did fall off the face of the earth for about a month. Without further BS, I will answer your questions and I hope you are not too disappointed.

WHAT WERE YOU DOING 10 YEARS AGO? Sweet Jesus....let me think. I was a freshman in high school (stop laughing) partying my brains out trying to figure out why my parents were divorced. If memory serves me I felt really lost and alone and had a hard time understanding why the things happening in my family were a small town's business. It was tough. But I made it through.

WHAT WERE YOU DOING 1 YEAR AGO? Hmmm. I was blissfully happy because my then boyfriend and I were enjoying a wonderful time being a couple. This was soon to be followed by the now famous parent-meeting fiasco of 2005 my super close friends have come to know. Another story for another day....

5 SNACKS I ENJOY
Twizzlers
Wheat thins with hummus
Ice cream
Flaming Hot Cheetos
Jello pudding.....I know, I know...it's all junk food! That's why I am working out!!

5 SONGS TO WHICH I KNOW ALL THE LYRICS
1. Madonna's Immaculate Collection CD---Ok so I know it's only supposed to be 5 songs but Madonna is far too amazing in my book to simply know only 1 song's lyrics.
2. Edwin McCain's I could not ask for more---It was the song my first love ever sang to me. It has since lost its meaning but still holds a special place in my heart.
3.Alanis Morissette's Mary Jane---It's a really sad song that I always connected with when I was feeling lonely or down in the dumps.
4. Stone Temple Pilots' Dead and Bloated---I loved them when I was a kid. They were so rock and roll.
5. The itsy bitsy lil' spider....I know that is totally lame but I am a kid at heart!!

5 THINGS I'D DO IF I WAS A MILLIONAIRE...
1. Pay off all of my debt--school, etc
2. Help my family accomplish their goals that money has stonewalled--my brother finishing college, my dad retiring, etc.
3. Buy an awesome house with a huge yard and a big pool
4.Take a wicked wild vacation around the world with my 3 closest gal pals
5.Shop for shoes and purses ALL the time

5 BAD HABITS
I suppose these are one's I have? Here goes...
1. Never saying no when I know it's what I should say/do
2. Leaving laundry in the washer or dryer more than a day
3. Letting my job interfere with my everyday life
4. Shopping without looking at the price tag---EVER
5. Trying to be rational with irrational people---hello, that's why they're crazy...

5 THINGS I LIKE DOING
1. Read--magazines, classic novels, science journals. I'm a nerd..it's been established.
2. Smile and laugh out loud with my girlfriends over the tragedy it is to be 20 something, career driven, and boy crazy.
3. Have an intellectual conversation with someone who is real about who and what they are (extra points if it is someone of the opposite sex)
4. Shopping without a budget. Hardly ever happens unless it's with Dad's money but damn, it sure does rock!
5. Spending the day with my Meemaw. She loves me even though I am not her kid and understands me the way I wish my own mother could. And she LOVES to shop, did I forget to mention that too?

5 THINGS I WOULD NEVER BUY, WEAR, GET NEW AGAIN...
1. Any at home beauty product like waxing or hair color....It's hard enough being a woman. I pay someone who knows what they're doing lest I come out with green hair and wax burn on my legs!
2. Leggings---ever
3. an ugly bra---functionality and sexy are always possible
4. boycut underwear---I don't need help making my thighs look bigger
5. tapered jeans

5 FAVORITE TOYS
I will keep it G rated for those living in a cave or under a rock
1. My cell phone--organizer, games, internet..what more could I want
2. The white out pen from staples that uses tape not liquid.
No waiting for white out to dry=bliss. I told you I was a nerd.
3. The computer of course
4. IPODS---on my list of new toys I will treat myself to next paycheck
5. The tivo thing on the cable box--I can record and watch everything I want and watch at my leisure without the hassle of a vcr and tape.

DONE. So I suppose I will have to tag some people and move the blog list down and such.
Shib and Laura are tagged and Shib, tag some others if you'd like.

down the rabbit hole
diary of a raving lunatic
Seven worlds will collide...
another single guy
miranda rambles

Enjoy!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mandy!

And yes I understand the mini-mid life crisis at around 25.

I wonder what will happen when I hit 40... when the big one hits??

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hiya and welcome mirandarambles.blogspot.com owner found your site via yahoo but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have found website which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your blog http://mass-backlinks.com they claim they managed to get close to 4000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my website. Hope this helps :) They offer best services to increase website traffic at this website http://mass-backlinks.com

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home