ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ahhhh

It has been 9 days since I last smoked a cigarette and I am still alive. Funny how you become dependent on things you never thought you could or would ever be. I have decided, as previously noted, that I decided to pass my time not smoking by chewing packs of Orbit gum and by working out. It has been hard to breathe mind you, however the harder I push myself on that treadmill, elliptical, whatever I feel such a sense of accomplishment. I leave the gym feeling like I have left my worries from work, my social life, and family at the foot of the machine. This is an amazing find. I LOVE IT. I have had to push myself to get there some days but when I do, I feel so much better. So, let's hope this new addiction helps me lose my hips!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a woman!!!!

I guarantee the first 3 months will be the hardest, but after that you'll be addicted to it - it's just the law of inertia at work (it takes 80% of the effort to get a body IN motion and 20% of the effort to KEEP IT in motion).

It's good to see you overcoming your mind's desire to take it easy and go back to the old routine. By giving up the cigarettes and pushing yourself you to do it you're going to be one hard nut to push over.

I get withdrawals now whenever I DON'T go to the gym! It's a great feeling.

Keep going Mandy, I'm rootin' for ya.

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home