ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

cigarette-less in houston

I bought Madonna's new cd the other day--confessions on the dance floor. I LOVE IT. Nevermind that she's a few marbles short somedays, this cd rocks. I've been taking it to the gym with me and before I know it I am finished working out. Anything that makes time fly when you are on the stairmaster or pushes you to work out harder is amazing in my book.

It is now 18 days and counting since my last cigarette. This is getting harder and harder each day. I thought it was supposed to get easier as time passed not harder. I have fantasies of lighting up and the first inhale. I am NUTS. Ugh, this sucks. I wonder if it ever gets easier. The world will still spin without a cigarette but damn it would just rock if I had one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't do it Mandy!

This first pain threshold you've hit is the first test... more tests will come but each time you flex a little muscle and dig your heels in not to give up the cravings WILL lose their strength.

C'mon girl!

Have you given up bagels too?

10:22 PM  
Blogger mandy said...

oh hell no. Nicotine I can do but taking away my coffee and bagels is just wrong!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home