ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Saturday, May 01, 2010

Another underwear conundrum

Let me preface this with how embarrassing this is for me to admit (yet I feel the need to share).

I had to work today and unlike my issue a few weeks ago, I am happy to report I had CLEAN underwear to put on (no swimsuit bottoms necessary!). As I have said in the past, I've lost weight. The funny thing is when you lose a little weight things fit looser, including your underwear. Slowly but surely mine have gotten a little roomier as the weeks have progressed and my eating habits and exercise routine have improved. This morning I got up, showered, and walked into my closet. I poured over my clothes for a minute and finally settled on a black, knee length summery cotton dress. The weather was supposed to be warm and breezy, perfect with a cute little boyfriend cardigan and flip flops. I grabbed a pair of underwear, got dressed, did my hair and jetted out the door to work.

I got down from my car and started walking to the store. On the way to the employee entrance I could feel my underwear getting looser and looser. I signed in, and ducked into a corner where I readjusted them and then went to work. As I was working they continued to slide and loosen with each passing hour. I kept constantly pulling them back up thoroughly annoyed. What the hell was I supposed to do? I still had things to finish and I didn't want to take them off even if they didn't fit. My dress was way too short for comfort and if I leaned over too much I was afraid someone could tell. I decided it was best to just deal with the droopy draws completely cognizant they might eventually slide all the way off beneath my hemline.

And that's just what happened mid stride.

Luckily, I was walking to my car to leave for the day. Had it not been for my fat girl thighs, I surely would have had my underwear around my ankles in public.

As if I needed to add anything else to my current list of shame, I now add losing underwear in public place without consent, adjacent to throwing up drunk in unmentionable places, and wearing no underwear for lack of doing laundry.

I am ashamed.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Shib said...

Girl,
gimme your address.

Ima send you some Hanes her way.

11:55 AM  
Blogger mandy said...

So bad. I know! I never thought it would come to this. Just pathetic.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Tizha. said...

Ahh yes. I would say something similar happened to me like this. Only, I was at school and it was during lunch, morelike.
I walked funny.


Tis be released from thy shame!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

hiLARious. It's happened to me.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home