ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Let me just say....

Men can be such pigs.

I was talking to grocery boy about my nutty coworker. She's crazy and I want to slap her all the time. It makes for good laughs because I have a big mouth and am rarely censored in our interactions. Everyone who knows we work together is always like let's go work together. These 2 are bound to have a fireworks display. We're fundamentally different people and that is always a recipe for disaster. Makes for good conversation and even better drive to outperform her.

But, I digress. I was telling him about her latest escapade with me last week. She drove me crazy with her indecisiveness on setting the account up, interacting with the account staff, and countless other things. I come prepared. I get in, get out, and make it happen. She sort of just "feels" it out. No plan of action necessarily and no ways of trouble shooting. It seems to always end in some sort of unnecessary drama.

"Do you think women have a managerial place AT ALL in the work force when they are so ruled by their emotions?" he asked.

I stopped mid sip of my drink. I looked up and he had this sort of sarcastic smirk on his face. Yes, it was kinda cute, but are you kidding me with that question? Needless to say, the dormant bottle rocket in my ass was ignited.

"Not all women are like that....this one just is. I happen to work with plenty of women who make business decisions with their heads and not their hormones, including myself," I replied.

"I just don't know if that's true. I mean they get all teary and start worrying about what's not really important."

Rocket about to launch. Please start the countdown Houston: 10....9....8....7...

I feel like I'm walking into a booby trap. I choose my words wisely and reply, "Well it's like saying men only think with their peckers and don't deserve to lead or manage people. You would never say that about a man."

Long pause. Deep breath. "It's absolutely possible to be a woman and lead a team without letting your emotions reek havoc on you. I've been doing it for over 10 years."

He smiled and just said, "Well then I guess it is."

That's right it is. This is probably why the woman you will marry will need to be a neanderthal. No real woman in today's society would readily stand up to be barefoot and pregnant catering to your every caveman needs cute or not.

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Ick

8:38 PM  
Blogger Zita said...

uneducated prick

4:25 PM  
Blogger NinjaDoll & SuperMan said...

wow, surprising that men still think that way..does he realize he is a GROCERY guy? LOL. new to this blog thing, but the EMOTION aspect of your recent post caught my eye - ARE women really ruled by their emotions? and if so, when did that become a bad thing? shouldnt we act on what we KNOW we want?

11:45 AM  
Blogger mandy said...

Men are retarded. 'Nuff said.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home