ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Imagine my surprise

when I got in my car to go run errands and it wobbled awkwardly down the street. I got out and had a flat tire. Anyone who knows me can tell you I know absolutely NOTHING about cars except where to put the key and pump the gas. I called roadside assistance and then drove to get the replacement tire.

I stood in the shop as the man assessed my tires ready to bolt. "Ma'am....I got some bad news for you." Shit. "You need 4 new tires not just 1."

I placed a call to good ol dad who, indeed, confirmed I needed them along with an alignment and some sort of balancing? I picked the same tires I had and the man turned the screen around to show me the total.

"$302.13?! Are you kidding me....for some damn rubber and an inner tube?"

He looked down at my arm, pointed to my moderately expensive purse and said, "That's what I said when my wife brought home one of those."

Nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home