ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Just breathe

Everytime I stop dating someone or anyone of the sorts, there's this period of sadness followed by self doubt and frustration. I never get closure. I'm the kind of gal who really needs it. I spend forever toiling over the shoulda, woulda, coulda questions. It's really always a blow to my ego no matter how hard I try and it takes some time to recover from such things.

I got a phone call from that boy...the one I thought was so great and turned out not to be. I got my closure. I got the chance to say what I wanted to say. I listened to what he had to say but, in the end, I surprised the both of us. I said the last 2 months was not okay. I closed the door.

This was Thursday of last week. Today I feel better...like I had a chance to stand up for myself and what I want. I'm alone again but my outlook feels brighter, even if it really isn't. Less doubt and anger than any other time I can remember. It feels good to be in control of my world again.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Shib said...

Good for you chickadee.
Im glad you feel good about what you said. Its satisfying to set your boundaries sometimes. Even late in the game.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home