ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Break up rituals of the twisted

I am going to put a disclaimer before I type this. I know this is the most immature thing I have probably ever done. Despite this, I hope you will continue to read on.

Every once in awhile, especially after a bad breakup, a gal can get herself all upset. She feels fat and throws herself a HUGE pity party. She sulks and eventually, she peels herself off of the pavement, throws away the Ben and Jerry's, and gets back to the gym and life and general. I am sad to say, I am one of those gals from time to time. Anyhow, no matter how cool, fun, smart, etc. I have the capacity to be, I always feel like crap. I imagine on the bad days that the new ex has a new gal...size nothing, huge boobs, bubbly persona---basically perfection in every way a woman could be. It's dumb. I know that she, who ever she might be, is probably a very nice person who feels the way I do about my thighs, etc. But I can't help it.

So, the other day a good friend of mine who knows the ex was talking to me---casual girl talk. She mentioned he was not so great and I asked what was going on...I was curious. Well, to my happiness, new relationship problems. I know--IMMATURE. We kinda talk about it a little and, well, the curiousity was about to kill me. I had to know what she looked like. I asked, and she, in normal good girl fashion, asked are you sure you want to know? Of course I don't but I need to know. It's like some sick break up ritual. I have to know if you moved up or down a step. I step up is always good for them and a marker for what maybe I was lacking...I dunno.

So, she tells me....and it is awful. She's super short, overweight, jacked up teeth, unattractive, and so not smart. WONDERFUL. I have considered that the words uttered could possibly be false. I have looked at my friend's track record and the truth is I will not know for sure until I see her. However, in light of this information, I felt instantly better about myself. I have taken into account my own personal and physical flaws as well. I am not a size nothing, but I am smart and I know how to laugh at myself and life. I have some nice physical attributes that I have come to love and others I loathe. But I am 5'8 and have a set of nice straight teeth without braces. I know it's dumb but damn it, I don't key cars or get all psycho on anyone I date. I have to have some sort of way of cheering myself up from time to time when I feel like crap cause I'm not dating anyone and am nowhere even close.

Let's just say, there is a God after all :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting stuff.

I had a funny feeling my ex was "checking up" on me several months after we broke up when her mother came over to drop off some useless garbage I had completely forgotten about (this threw up alarm bells in itself).

I didn't get into any details whatsoever about my state of affairs since our break and made sure that I kept my responses fairly vague.

Then about a year later she calls, but "unfortunately" I wasn't around to answer the phone.

While I'm never bitter towards previous dates I've always had the attitude of just moving on. If you get too caught up with what everyone else is doing you lose track of yourself. In essence if it wasn't meant to be it wasn't meant to be... there's plenty more fish in the sea anyway.

I'm not quite sure whether that's a universal male attitude towards previous dates, but considering you showed me your's I thought I'd show you mine.

;o)

(And where's this photographic evidence to prove you've got "nice straight teeth"? For all we know you could be Bugs Bunny!)

;op

4:30 AM  
Blogger mandy said...

should i personally email you a pic so the controversy can be resolved?

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home