ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Chances are....

if you told me I would find happiness 10 years ago, my laughter and dismay could have been heard round the world. But that is exactly where I found myself yesterday. Rob and I loaded the dog in the car and drove to the beach. It was a cool day warmed by the sunshine. We laughed and talked about our lives past and present all 2 hours we drove. We parked near a trail that wound thru the picturesque town and up near the sea cliffs. I stood near the railing and felt the cold sea spray and wind on my cheeks. I could see the ocean for miles and hear the crashing waves.

10 years ago, I was in a bad relationship, miserable and on the verge of a mental breakdown. I was exhausted and unhappy in ways that seemed incomprehensible at the time. It was the catalyst I needed. It pushed me out of my comfort zone and though, the journey financially, emotionally, and physically was far more arduous than I ever expected....it brought me here. I am healthy and happy in every aspect of my life as much as any human being can find themself.

Thank God I took a chance on myself. It was a risk worth taking if only to find myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Random Cyclist said...

It goes to show you that the best is yet to come, glad you made it through alright!

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home