ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Spin anyone?

Monday evening my trainer texted with session times for the week. You going to come in tomorrow to work out she asked. I told her yep, I got yoga tomorrow night. Hey, Ben is teaching spin tomorrow. You should come. It will be fun. I'm doing it too.

What the hell. I figured it was a cycling class and everyone looked like they got a good workout. I said yes, blocked out my session times and went to bed a little later.

The next day I get there and the class is packed. Only bikes in the back remained. I meandered thru the maze and picked a bike. The stuffy room was small enough to give any decent person claustraphobia. A girl if front of me kindly helped adjust my bike so I didn't look like a retard when the class finally started. I sat and awaited the unknown.

Let's see...how can I describe this. It was like sitting in front of the sauna steamer with a pole jammed up your ass for roughly an hour. Yes...that about describes it. The bike seat was so small. Given my hefty assets, I wanted to die everytime I sat on the seat. To avoid this, I ridiculously did the standing cycles uphill, downhill, sprints, etc. This, as you might guess, made my legs burn intensely. A few times, I had to adjust the resistance for fear I might fall off since my legs were practically jello at that point.

When the class was FINALLY over, I looked down at my shirt. I looked as if I had been a contestant in a wet tshirt contest. I was soaked all the way to my leggings just beyond my hips. Christ. That is outrageous.

Fast forward to last night. My ass is so sore, my legs are jello, and I am still exhausted. I go to yoga and it helps. I even get to sit next to a new hot guy who smiles and offers to take my mat back to the supply area. Suh-weet.

This morning I went to my session ready for some serious pain. She kindly walked me to the scale and asked me to jump on. Fear crept thru my body. Damn it. I feel like a little kid when I get on one. Will I be lighter or fatter? Did that cheeseburger stick to my thighs after all? She looked down at the scale again and adjusted her eyes. Oh my God, she whispered. I opened my eyes after I realized I had them tightly shut.

"What?" I asked barely able to breathe. "Did I gain more weight...Damn it!"

"Um, girl, you just lost 10 lbs in a week."

"Are you fucking kidding me?!"

"Look down! See for yourself."

Plain as day, the scale did not lie. 10 lbs indeed.


I guess that means I'm going back to spin. Damn.

1 Comments:

Blogger Max said...

I'm so proud of you girly girl! Keep up the good work!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home