ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Depressed

I am depressed. The holidays start at the end of this week. I am alone and without prospects of anyone new and appetizing. I miss my ex and all the comforts of someone of the opposite sex who just knows you and wants to spend time with you. I just miss the familiarity. And dear God, all of my friends have SOMEONE! I spent a ridiculous amount of time listening to my friends in Texas ooh and ahh over boys and engagements, weddings, and finally babies. I had to sit at the bridal showers, bachlorette parties and clap and all the other things that go with being happy your friends have found someone. I got the pity looks forever. Your day will come. The right man is going to come any day now is what they said....5 years ago and counting.

I thought when I moved to California that I would not encounter that crap again. But last night, I found myself in that same position as we helped welcome my friend and her boyfriend into their new condo with painting and beer pong. I am inevitably alone again. Everyone was coupled up but me. I had the strangest 3rd wheel feeling the whole night and sank into deeper depression with each beer. I smiled big and laughed loud. All the while, my mind was thinking I hate this. I hate that I am here and alone. I never thought that being independent was a bad thing until I realized it makes most men not want to date you. Seems the only men I can attract are first class losers, married or unavailable men, and last but not least the most unintelligent lackluster excuse for a man in any given social setting.

I've lost all this weight. I look better than I have in YEARS. I have a great job I love, my own place and money to spend...most of the time. So why am I not happy? Why are men not flocking to me? Do I smell? Do I have hot man repellent on? WTF is going on??

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am left wondering the same thing! Where are these boys? I changed my facebook status from "in a relationship" to "single" last month. I anticipated that flocks of young attractive boys would come out of the woodwork and confess that they had been pining for me during all of that time I was with what's-his-name. Did that happen? No. The only responses I received were from my high school English teachers recommending that I listen to more Ryan Adams songs.

Bottom line: I started a blog to complain into. I'd love for you to check it out and if you've got a few rants that you'd like to send my way that would be awesome. I'd love for you to join the discussion!

Cheers,
Boots
http://bootshamilton.blogspot.com/

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home