ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Holiday cheer

I'm not gonna lie and say I was in any better of a mood yesterday when I went to work, because, let's be honest: waking up at 5 am to dress and ride the train into the city, to deal with obnoxious shoppers is NO ONE's idea of fun.

Nevertheless, I did get ready and trek into work. I tried to keep myself busy and actually had time for some retail therapy. I decided to try some stores that I would not ordinarily go to. I've lost some serious weight and I want to be able to wear cute clothes that make me look less fat, more fashionable, and make me feel like a pretty girl. Behold, in the dark corner of Anthropologie, I found some bargain buys in my size that were trendy and fit at bargain prices. I also found the cutest inexpensive accessories at H&M, one of my more recent cheap chic haunts. I'm glad, I was able to afford a little something on my tight budget. Every girl needs a little happiness and I was able to find some albeit in materialistic things. A special shout out to my girls in Bmore and the Creek who have taught me there is a silver lining in digging thru the sales racks: you can buy more!

So, today, I got up and with a better outlook, got ready. I mixed my newest finds with existing pieces and made what I thought was a trendy and flattering outfit. I was complemented through out the day. I even found myself smiling in spite of the crowds and craziness. I have hope the remaining few weeks will not be too tragic...at least let's hope not!

3 Comments:

Blogger The Shib said...

Youll be good girl. And I bet you looked so sassy.

PS Anthropologie is my favorite. But I dont think Ive ever been able to buy a single thing in there :(

8:13 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Vicky said...

Hi Mandy!

I'm Elizabeth, I live in Brazil, and also have a blog, but everything that is written on this in my language translate and read! I found your blog very interesting! I really wanted to know how this applies to the United States! Here in Brazil is very good, come visit one day! Our country is very beautiful "MARA" as an agent speaks here in Brazil! I ask you a favor, do my blog, famous there in your area that I do the same as yours here! Kisses or DJ Vicky Elizabeth

1:17 PM  
Blogger Jeff N, said...

just a short hello from what is suppose to be the warm south usa? 2 snow falls in a week...ouch...hello,
jeff

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home