ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I've hit rock bottom

My best friend from high school called today. She got married and called to tell me she's pregnant. Jaw dropping for me. I am happy for her but then I had a sudden realization. Everyone around me is dating someone, involved, engaged, married or having kids. I think I must be the only single girl left!! I feel like such a loser and then, frustrated, I called my other friend hoping she would make me feel better about being fabulous and single. Well how can you meet someone? You're married to you fucking job and work with nothing but gay or married people. HELLO.....now's the time you comfort me and say screw that. UGH....I know I am not the only single person out there but damn, I am starting to have a meltdown. Am I being too picky, independent, stupid...WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG? That mid 20s crisis thing must be kicking in early.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to your friend!

You're not alone with the feelings you've been having - oddly enough single guy's suffer the same too!

Should you worry? Why? If everybody is living their life the way they want to why can't you?

And don't good things come to those who wait?

9:26 PM  
Blogger mandy said...

i hope you are right:)

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home