ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Thursday, September 24, 2009

I am grateful

After I came home from a poopy day at work, I forced, and I do mean forced, myself to get my lazy ass to the gym. I griped all the way to the car and the little voice in my head kept saying, "it will be better when you get there."
I was driving down the street towards the gym. I approached a stop sign and saw at the entrance to an apartment building just past the sign was a man helping someone into the lobby in a wheelchair. The man in the wheelchair was paralyzed and strapped in to keep him from falling out of the chair. I sat at the stop sign and literally, wiped tears away. Whatever happened to me today, paled in comparison at that very moment. I asked for forgiveness for being so ungrateful for all the things I did today without thinking. I could breathe on my own this morning. I had a roof over my head, food in my fridge, money to spend, and a car to drive not to mention a healthy body to do all these things.

I got on the treadmill and ran my chubby behind hard. Someone like that man at the apartment would probably give anything in the whole world to do that. Thank G I got some much needed perspective. The burn made me feel better and I hope someone else today will remember to be grateful for being able to do what others cannot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home