ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Friday, April 04, 2008

why I like him

For months, my closest friends and I have been "involved" in the habits of a peculiar man I started psuedo-dating late last fall. He's done me wrong. He's done me right and all sorts of other things in between (get your mind outta the gutter for once!). I go back and forth whether I should let him be in my world or not.

This morning, after several days of heated family drama involving one of my brothers, I sort of melted down. My dad and I had been arguing and not speaking for days. To be honest, we both said some things in the heat of the moment that got out of control and I was really hurt and upset. I called the boy and we were talking about the whole situation and I started to cry. I mean not a tear...all out sniffles and choked up. First of all, I don't cry much but when I do, it's like a flood and I can't stop. I get angry at myself because in my family only babies cry. At my age, I am certainly old enough to not be so consumed with emotion. It was awful and I couldn't stop. He just listened and comforted me. Then he tried to make some lame jokes in an attempt to get my mind off everything, which only made it more intense. Finally, I managed a giggle and before I knew it I was wiping my tears and laughing at his silly jabs. I apologized for the meltdown at literally 5 am. I mean what kind of person has histerics at that hour but me?

He just sighed and said something like don't you know....that's what I'm here for.

And I melted all over again. I mean who says that to someone anymore?

That's precisely why I want to be with him and away from him all the time. Intense. 'Nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home