ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Friday, February 08, 2008

A perfect kinda day

I arrived in Atlanta last night at about 8 pm EST. I was tired from a long week and had a fitful nap on the plane. I was so excited to get to Elane's house and just lie down. Going to Elane's house is sorta like going to the literal manifestation of comfort and ease, if it existed as a thing and not a descriptive word. Her house has this incredible mix of smells that can only be described as soap, water, warmth, and love. It is incredible and reassuring.

I climbed into the bed and immediately became comatose. I slept until after 10 am which is pretty damn incredible for me these days. I sat on the porch and had a small breakfast this morning while the sunlight warmed my feet. I sat back on the rocking chair and read for a couple of hours with my Ipod on. The weather was absolutely perfect. I went back inside and had the most marvelous vanilla bean cheesecake known to mankind and fell asleep on the couch for the most luxurious afternoon nap. I eventually got up and moseyed around a little more and now I am awaiting a homemade pizza and a cold beer with Elane, her hubby Perry, and my roomie JoAnna. Good food, better friends, and some much needed R&R. Does life get any better?

*just in case you're wondering, I have eaten purely out of pleasure today, fully aware that upon my return I will have to resort to high fiber, low calorie, healthy food. But today, I am going to enjoy the food and just think about it tomorrow when I go for a run, but thanks for reminding me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home