ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Friday, July 07, 2006

*Sigh*

So the world is still spinning. To answer the work question....well I just don't know what to do. I found out from a former employee insider that left, the company is doing shoddy to say the least. Underperformers are first to go at the end of the year. When I took my promotion to turn this troublesome store around, I never thought that it would be the end all be all of my career at this company. The truth is turning this business from a black hole into a profitable shining star has been damned near impossible. In an at will state ( at will to terminate without cause), I could very well lose my job if I do not turn a profit. Even if I do....there are no guarantees.

I love my job. Sure we all have days when we don't want to get up and go, but I sincerely like what I do. I just got comfortable making decent money and not scraping for pennies. I don't want to switch and move somewhere else. I'm scared. I'm not ready to move on. Every other job, I knew when to move on. I felt it in the pit of my stomach. This just feels like an empty wad of nothingness and uncertainty.

We won't even discuss the love-life department today. That is enough to drive into a tree these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home