ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

A call to action

The past few weeks I have made a choice to change a lot of things about myself. This spiritual awakening has stirred inside of me something I cannot explain. I went to church this morning and heard a sermon about the call to Christ. I never thought of myself as this person who was fervent about God so much so that I would let it direct even the most important decisions in my life.

Today, I realized something about myself.

I grew up in a church hearing that God was coming again to save his people. I heard that to not accept His eternal salvation is to get a free ticket into the lake of fire. I heard a lot of things about God in the last 25 years. I always thought some day when I've had my fun and I think that I am ready to settle down I will change. God will be there for me to pick up off the shelf and tote around with me when I need Him.

I am lucky in a matter of speaking. For some people there is no time to put God on a shelf and decide when you can choose to pick Him up. There is one chance and then there is no chance. How blessed am I to have made the choice after all these years and escaped the tragedy of not coming to know Him at all. I feel a tremendous feeling of mercy and gratitude.

In a world of such senseless tragedy and lawlessness, I feel my life is ever changing because of my profound choice. I no longer want to do the same things I did. I want to be different and to be changed. I feel a sense of urgency about this and compelled beyond all reason to say if you have not had an encounter with the God....you don't know what you are missing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home