ramblings

life seen thru the eyes of a neurotic 20 something gal in search of something, nothing, and everything....but not all at once...I think.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A blue kinda world

The holidays have not had the same kind of magic for the past couple of years. Seems like the more excited everyone gets about family, presents, lovers, and friends the more depressed I get and pull away. I find myself sitting on the balcony of my humble abode with the dog sipping a frsoty beverage analyzing the year past. I've never been one for resolutions and the new year party scene. I feel like the world is a sad and lonely place and I am just another speck. I hate January and a new beginning seems like just another way to exhaust an already tired and worn personality. This won't be better until about March when the spring really breaks thru. I am not sure if I will be able to handle valentines day this year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there sunshine!

You've had us all worried... I thought that maybe you'd been abducted by the same aliens that have been dressing me lately! Eeek!

Thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case. *phew*

But I feel ya... I really do.

After I was given the flick by the chic I had dated for over 4-years I really wasn't enthused about doing the whole Christmas-New Year's thing. I didn't want to be around anyone, and I definitely didn't want to be around couples. So, I just stayed home.

It was a shame though, to do nothing during those years. I mean I love being around people and having a good time just as much as everyone else, and I know you're the same because I can tell from those posts where we see your great sense of humour.

(And I can't wait till I read another funny episode in here... I might have to resend the squeezy grandma in again!)

;o)

But girl don't think that these moments are a definition of who you are. They're not. Everyone has their blue patches.

And just remember: all a blue patch needs is a little red (symbolic of pain?) and it won't take long until you've got a purple patch. Now I can think of one thing that can help... doing something on Sundays. Hmm...

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home